So I’m going to put this out there and say the most awesome battle of the Civil War was the Battle of the Crater.
Basically, the Union dug a tunnel under the Confederate trenches, put a bunch of dynamite at the end of the tunnel, and then blew up the trenches.
The Union soldiers subsequently got distracted by the awesomeness of the crater while they were advancing on Confederate lines and then a bunch of them got killed.
I have to admit, I would have been distracted too.
8 Notes/ Hide
- krimija reblogged this from cottonandcacti
- nerdy-quial reblogged this from cottonandcacti
- cottonandcacti reblogged this from omegadarling
- noelfishur likes this
- official-sciencesideoftumbler likes this
- mistycabin reblogged this from omegadarling
- silversunshower reblogged this from omegadarling
- silversunshower likes this
- omegadarling posted this